lauantai 10. lokakuuta 2015

We did it: the best EU-project in Finland 2001 (1998-2001); phenomenon-based social and emotional learning. Yle made a document of the process of the first year; Hug me.


 Through the phenomenon-based  social and emotional learning (1998-2001) project pupils were guided to face their own different kind of  feelings; joy, love, fear, humour ( Hug Me, Face Your Fears and Smile) by the means of art education. We worked together with Austria; Uebelbach, France; Feins and Czech Republic; Nejdek. It was possible  to study like this for I used already then phenomenon-based learning process with my pupils: I call it postmix-model for I have mixed my own ideas with Montessori, Dewey, Freinet, ideas of emotional intelligence etc.  This process I describe in my licentiate thesis 2005. My passion is still improving the teaching methods. Now I working with my Ph.D thesis of learner-created content. You can follow this work on this blog.

We gave 1998-2001 for about 300 children a possibility to take part to different kind of workshops involving different kind of  feelings during those years. And f.ex. over 500 dolls were created  during the first year  Hug Me. It takes whole community; parents and teachers  to guide children to find their own place in this world.

What are they doing now? There are artists, teachers, engineers, screenwriters etc. How do I know? For I´m still chatting with many of  them in Facebook:)

During these three years they faced and created their own emotional world. We as teachers were there to make it possible; gave them the tools to work with; cameras, materials to work with but the children were the creators. What a wonderful journey we had! And we made our first materials to net for everyone to get inspired through our ideas! Yes 17 years ago!





Video below; 17 years ago with one camera and no editing.  Now the girl behind the camera       Niitty Forsstenis is studying to be film director and screenwriter, three of the girls are teachers Maiju
Eerikäinen, Sini-Tuisku Löhönen and Elina Hölttä and Marika Auvinen is Sales Promotion Officer. 


                                                                                                                           


Babies; storytelling before digital time. Girls were 9 years old and made the film in English.




 Opening of exhibition Hug me In the Art Museum of Mikkeli
CIMO; Nina Rekola; Head of Unit of General education:"Hug me-project is high quality itinerant  project that strengthens the human agency of children and speaks for tolerance by letting the pupils to tell their story through dolls"



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti